Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cameo Appearance - A Romantic Revival ...

Cameo Appearance - A Romantic Revival
My jewelry designs are taking a turn ( for now ) as I am starting to add a romantic Victorian flare to my stylings. Using stamped metals and some vintage pressings of beads and other found items that I feel reflect this era. 

I made this set as my featured piece for a special event at the San Antonio Hyatt Hill Country Regency Resort & Spa.  This piece was sold within 15 minutes of the event's opening by a "future Bride" who felt that this would complete a vision she had for her trousseau !

This piece is featuring a brown and ivory cameo reproduction. I used vintage pressed beads, Swaroski deep red crystals (almost brown) a few vintage ( 1970's) cultured pearls, and filigree pressed beads. I chose a filigree stamped antique brass findings that I made into a bezel for the cameo and a decorative connector for the cameo to the necklace.

Keep posted for new designs and I express my love for this romantic era!