~ A Vintage Recipe ReDux ~ Cracker Barrel Style Biscuits

We LOVE our neighborhood Cracker Barrel Restaurant 

and their light and and fluffy buttermilk biscuits. I wanted
to add this recipe to my Family cookbook, so I searched for
and located many versions for add the recipe to my Family
cookbook,  so I searched for and located many versions for
these on the for these on the internet, and found the
following recipe over and over again, so I don’t know
who to credit, but this one works the best. I found the
following recipe over I found the following recipe over
and over again, so I don’t know who to credit, but
this one works the best.

Interestingly enough in my opinion, this is just an
upgrade to the old original (VINTAGE) Bisquick
Biscuit, “rolled” version.


~ ~ ~ ~


INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 1/4 cups Bisquick baking mix
  • 2/3 cup buttermilk
    ( I did not have any, so I did
    the lemon juice  in milk 
    substitute of
    1 tbsp.lemon juice to 1 cup of milk,
    estimated the lemon juice needed
    for the 
    2/3 cup of milk, and I used
    whole milk and let it sit for 
    at
    least 5 minutes.)
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 tablespoon butter, melted
  • Melted butter, for brushing the tops of the biscuits
    before baking.


DIRECTIONS: 


Preheat oven to 450°F.


Mix the Bisquick, buttermilk and sugar together
in a bowl. (I used my Kitchenaid mixer with
the 
dough hook on the slowest setting.) 


Add the melted butter into the batter.


Stir until a soft dough forms.


Turn out dough onto a well-floured work
surface, and hand knead about 20 times.


Roll out ½” thick or thicker if you prefer
towering biscuits.


Cut out into 2" biscuits Place tight together on
an ungreased baking sheet.


Brush tops with melted butter.


Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until light golden brown.


Makes 10 biscuits (I thought these could stand
to be taller, so next time I plan to cut 8 biscuits
instead of 10 or double the recipe.)


#CrafteelaydeeBakes