Cheery Cherry Pound Cake
A boxed pound cake mix recipe upgrade.
Prep time: , Bake time: , Total time: approx. 1 hour 5 minutes
1 box of Betty Crocker Pound Cake mix
1/2 stick ( quarter cup ) Butter
15 – 20 Maraschino cherries and their juice
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease a 9x5 loaf pan with shortening or butter; lightly flour.
- Finely chop about 15 to 20 maraschino cherries and about ¼ cup of the juice.
- Scrape the chopped cherries into a measuring cup and add water to bring the total to 2/3 cup.
- Beat cherry water mixture, softened butter and eggs in medium bowl on low speed 30 seconds, then add the cake mix and beat on medium speed until blended about 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan; spread evenly.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on cooling rack and then place on your presentation platter.
Thanks for reading!!